USAid engaged Colombian based CREATA and SMA Tourism to assess the feasibility of major investment in nature based tourism in former conflict regions of Colombia.
To achieve this we undertook:
- an analysis of the tourism and nature tourism market pre and during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- separate primary market research into international and domestic markets, and into domestic and international distributors;
- an audit of existing nature tourism destinations to shortlist high potential areas;
- an analysis of the nature tourism value chain;
- consultation with potential domestic and international nature tourism investors; and
- development of WOW factor products at shortlisted sites.
We then matched up all of the work to determine a pre-feasibility conclusion on investment in the sector to aid a potential Recovery Plan for Colombia.