Working with Conrad Gargett and GML Heritage, we developed a Site Master Plan for the Kingston and Arthurs Vale World Heritage Site on Norfolk Island, two hours flight time north east of Brisbane, Australia. The site is one of Australia’s most significant former convict sites.
Our work included:
- several rounds of stakeholder consultation;
- a detailed site analysis, visitor market analysis and relevant document analysis;
- identification of game changing strategies to shift the site from a 1980s to contemporary heritage site and suite of visitor experiences;
- forecasting visitation and financial performance of heritage accommodation;
- estimating the cost, visitation, financial performance and economic impact of a new visitor centre, centralised museum and collection store, café and wine bar and heritage accommodation; and
- assisting develop an interim visitor centre.